Tuesday, July 8, 2008

When God reveals Himself...and other random thoughts

It never ceases to amaze me how God works in the lives of His children, and often it is in such a way that He receives no acknowledgment or praise. He molds believer's lives and wills, He works in situations that without Him are impossible, and He blesses and keeps His children just as He promises. I challenge myself to look everyday for ways that God has touched me so that I may praise Him

Today, Shannon and I took Elijah to the doctor to get circumcised. It is not easy to leave your child in a place where you know that discomfort will come upon him. I also thought about how this procedure has taken place for over 4,000 years (at least). God commanded Abraham to start it among the people of Israel, and it has been common since then.
At the pediatrician yesterday, Elijah weighed 7 lbs., which means he has gained 1/2 lb in less than a week...Wow!

Now that we are home with a new baby and the summer is half over, I also have the task of working on getting ready for my first doctoral seminar in August. It makes me both excited and nervous, but I know that God is in control and I will simply trust in Him.

My prayer today is that I will be obedient to God's lordship in my life. I also pray that I won't forget that the things that God does in my life are not accidents, but instead purposeful leadings in my life to a right relationship with Him.

No comments: